A flexible, one-year Continued Professional Development programme delivered by the Music Service that is awarded by Trinity College of Music at a GNVQ Level 4 (equivalent to the first year undergraduate).
This course is particularly useful for:
- Music leaders
- Would be music leaders
- Teaching assistants
- Generalist teachers
- Anyone engaging in music teaching.
What we offer:
Our course is to enable you to develop your professional skills and knowledge in your own timeframe. The course consists of 6 units, which will enable you to:
- Understand music learning (45 hours study)
- Plan and deliver great music sessions – whatever your favourite music (45 hours study)
- Learn how to evaluate your work and better understand professional development (35 hours study)
- Understand behaviour and how to manage challenging behaviour
- Learn how equality, diversity and inclusion connect with music sessions
- Be confident and secure in your Safeguarding strategies
What are the dates of the course?
(Contact us for 2017/18 dates)
- 21st October 2016
- 22nd October 2016
- 23rd October 2016
- 3rd December 2016
- 3rd April 2017
- 4th April 2017
- 13th May 2017
- 24th June 2017
How much does it cost?
The course fees are currently set at £1000
For a hard copy application form please click here or contact Alison Corfield, Head of Music Service, directly to discuss further.
Music Service: Certificate for Music Educators
For more information on what studying for the Trinity CME is like, take a look at the resources below.
Congratulations to our first cohort from Norfolk to pass the Certificate for Music Educators course. A brilliant group and fantastic results!
Music Educators celebrating their results with Maureen Hanke
<< Back to About Lead Organisation